Join our Team
We are always looking for great people to be a part of our exciting, fast-paced work environment, where the technology landscape in containerized environments is constantly changing.
Please reach out below to inquire about joining our team!
Site Reliability Engineer - Remote
The Site Reliability Engineer brings deep technical expertise with a self-starter passion to transform, collaborate and achieve results. They are problem solvers at heart, coders and scripters for work and play, and above all understand the impact automation can bring to complex technical processes. This role understands our customer’s greatest pain points and is excited about using their systems administration, networking, and development experience to provide solutions that deliver high reliability and consistency.
- Improve the level of craftsmanship at BoxBoat by developing best practices and defining best strategies
- Implement automation where possible to increase efficiency
- Guide products to Production Readiness (scalability, observability, operability, resiliency, etc.).
- Decrease incidence, scope and severity of operational failures (improve MTTR and MTBF)
- Actively supporting security and compliance functions
- Create, maintain and operate build and deployment automation and operations (CI/CD pipelines).
- Provide tier three on-call technical support
- Coordinate process, communication, documentation and remediation for operational incidents.
- Work reciprocally with developers in supporting new features, services and releases
- Provide technical leadership on a growing team, guide team members on the implementation and be the primary technical point of contact for the customer
- Create proof-of-concept and pilot demonstrations of technology to internal as well as customer groups
- Engage with vendor product development teams as a trusted partner to provide feedback and collaborate on issues
- Advocate for BoxBoat as a containerization evangelist by contributing written works to the BoxBoat knowledge base and social media channels, engaging in meetups for fun, and finding presentation opportunities to spread the word
- Help to establish and document implementation best practices and socialize them with the BoxBoat team to ensure repeatable success
- Develop deep technical expertise in emerging technologies and educate other BoxBoat team members
- You are a leader with intellectual curiosity and an ability to self-manage
- Understanding of automation principles and programming experience
- Expert Linux administration skills…including software packaging, distribution, and configuration
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A passion for automation, containers, DevOps, microservice architectures, and how it’s revolutionary to the development landscape!
- Hands-on “Production” experience working with Kubernetes and other container platforms and supporting technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Swarm, etc.
- Experience of distributed application concepts and DevSecOps tooling
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Preferably a BSc. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
BoxBoat is a group of fun, smart people innovating with technology and process to create amazing outcomes for our clients. We understand the modern era of the telecommute and want to provide the ability to stay out of the office! While many of our engagements are on-site, we take advantage of remote administration of client environments with the ability to stay at home. We still do hope to catch you every now and then at our office location in Washington, D.C.
- 401k (match)
- Unlimited PTO
Ready to Apply?
We look forward to meeting you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include the position name in the subject line.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
BoxBoat provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.