Join our Team
We are always looking for great people to be a part of our exciting, fast-paced work environment, where the technology landscape in containerized environments is constantly changing.
Please reach out below to inquire about joining our team!
DevOps Engineer - Remote
The DevOps Engineer brings deep technical expertise with a self-starter passion to enable successful adoption of the container platforms and DevOps tools in customer environments. They are problem solvers at heart, coders and scripters for work and play, and above all understand the impact containerization can bring to a DevOps workflow. This role understands our customer’s greatest CI pain points and is excited about digging deep to implement an end-to-end containerized solution. Working on a team with BoxBoat and client employees alike, they use their systems administration, networking, and development experience to integrate the container technology stack into an overall DevOps solution delivering higher reliability and consistency to the customer environment.
- Serve as a technical team member on customer engagements, contributing your knowledge and expertise towards the success of the project
- Implement containerized workflows into customer environments through use of technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Consul, and other open source codebases
- Understand customer software architecture in order to consult on accepted microservice practices – and then do it; re-architect application stacks as necessary while keeping in mind the end solution
- Diagnose environmental issues and introduce/implement technologies to solve them
- Stay up-to-date on the latest container platform releases and containerization techniques
- Engage with vendor product development teams as a trusted partner to provide feedback and collaborate on issues
- Establish credibility and trusted relationships as an advisor to customer leadership
- Advocate for BoxBoat as a containerization evangelist by contributing written works to the BoxBoat knowledge base and social media channels, engaging in meetups for fun, and finding presentation opportunities to spread the word
- Expert Linux administration skills including software packaging, distribution, and configuration
- Linux network configuration with major distributions, Debian, RHEL
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and cloud technologies
- Experience of distributed application concepts and DevOps tools
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- BSc. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
BoxBoat is a group of fun, smart people innovating with technology and process to create amazing outcomes for our clients. We understand the modern era of the telecommute and want to provide the ability to stay out of the office! While many of our engagements are on-site, we take advantage of remote administration of client environments with the ability to stay at home. We still do hope to catch you every now and then at our office location in Washington, D.C.
- 401k (match)
- Unlimited PTO
Ready to Apply?
We look forward to meeting you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include the position name in the subject line.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
BoxBoat provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.